MSI NEWS AND MEDIA
Find out more about what's happening at the MSI
NABOB ANNOUNCES ITS SECOND ANNUAL
MEDIA SALES INSTITUTE AT THE AUC IN 2017
WASHINGTON, DC – The National Association of Black Owned Broadcasters Telecommunications Education and Management Foundation (NABOB Foundation) and Personal Selling Principles (PSP) announces its second annual Media Sales Institute (MSI) at the Atlanta University Center (AUC) March 6-16, 2017. The AUC partners are Clark Atlanta University, Morehouse and Spelman Colleges. The Morehouse College, Marketing Department will host the institute and funding for the initiative will be provided by the NABOB Foundation and its sponsors.
The NABOB Media Sales Institute (MSI) at the AUC is an intense 10 day media sales training program developed by PSP. It is the first MSI to recruit “career changers” (individuals who have been in the work force 5-10 years), “military personnel” (Post 9/11), and “recent college graduates” who are interested in pursuing careers in media sales. The inaugural MSI was developed (1999) and launched by PSP at Howard University in 2000. For more information visit www.themsi.net.
“The Media Sales Institute is a very effective program for identifying and developing talented media sales professionals. Since 2006, The NABOB Foundation has partnered with the MSI program and is proud to continue its support with the expansion of the MSI to the AUC. We are confident that the program will produce many of the future leaders and station owners in our industry,” said James Winston, President of NABOB.
“Since developing the Media Sales Institute (MSI) program in 1999, it has provided a gateway for hundreds of diverse and talented individuals, into media sales” said Jeffrey Myers, Principal of Personal Selling Principles (PSP). “The MSI program brings together the broadcast industry, media/digital companies and sales candidates making it a win-win for all. I am very excited to be a part of such a dynamic and rewarding program for the media industry.”
Dr. Cassandra Wells, Director of the Marketing Program at Morehouse College stated, “We are excited about hosting the NABOB Media Sales Institute at Morehouse College for the second year! 2016 was an excellent inaugural year and we are planning for 2017 to be even bigger and better as we build on what we learned from our inaugural year. Thank you NABOB, for allowing us to participate in this great opportunity to help others make positive change in their lives!”
NABOB is the only trade organization representing the interests of African-American owners of radio and television stations across the country. The association was organized in 1976 by a small group of African-American broadcasters who desired to establish a voice and a viable presence in the industry to address specific concerns facing African-American broadcasters. The NABOB Foundation was created to help prepare the next generation of broadcast station owners and managers. More information about NABOB can be found at www.NABOB.org.
Personal Selling Principles (PSP), is a personnel and organizational development company based in Maryland, developed and launched the first Media Sales Institute at Howard University, and launched and implemented the program at Florida A & M University in 2006 for nearly 10 years. Information about PSP can be found www.pspconsululting.net
NABOB is here to serve you. Please don't hesitate to contact us.
James L. Winston
National Association of Black Owned Broadcasters
1201 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 200
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: (202) 463-8970
Fax: (202) 429-0657
- April 25, 2016: NABOB Launches its Inaugrual Media Sales Institute at the Atlanta University Center March 2016
- June 18, 2014: Florida A & M University Media Sales Institute Celebrates its 9th Consecutive Year
- August 9, 2013: Florida A & M University Will Host Its Ninth Annual Media Sales Institute in 2014
- April 3, 2013: NIELSEN To Debut New Online Certification Program at The Media sales institute at FAMU
- September 29, 2010: American Urban Radio Networks, Jeffrey Myers receives "9th Annual Urban Knight Award"
- November 14, 2008: Florida A&M University Media Sales Institute Celebrates Its Fourth Consecutive Year
- November 05, 2007: Florida A&M University Media Sales Institute is renewed for an additional year.
- June 14, 2006: Twenty-Four Students Graduate From Media Sales Institute At Florida A&M
- March 10, 2006: Florida A&M Is Chosen To Host NABEF/NABOB Media Sales Institute
- March 10, 2001 NABEF Awards Grant To Howard University: The Grant Will Fund The First Media Sales Institute